Business analysis task is to identify business needs and develop the most effective IT solutions. Business analysis is rarely used in projects with a limited budget; however, this phase of IT development allows saving at least 10-40% of the budget and optimizes development time.
Business analysis includes the following steps:
- Identify the needs of the client.
- The concept solutions.
- Design concept in the terms of reference with clear requirements to the project. It uses various methods of business analysis – construction of processes and structures models, prototype interface, and behavior scenario.
At this step you can find out the amount and the duration of work.
- Drill requirements – specification.
- Programmers and testers advice during product development and discussions with the client.
Business analyst responsibilities
– Analysis of client business needs;
– Preparation of future product requirements (communication with stakeholders – developers, clients and end users);
– Requirements analysis (use of different methodologies and notations – prototyping, questionnaires, surveys, brainstorming, analysis of existing documentations, competitors);
– Problem areas analysis and suggestions for improvement;
– Requirements formalizing (separation requirements into business, functional, non-functional and specification writing requirements);
– Requirements management (processing change requests, analysis and impact description on existing requirements);
– Broadcast requirements between developer and client.